March 2, 2017

Taiwan's Haul ----WHAT I BOUGHT ? (AUNTIE'S HAUL)


(It's a super long post, BEWARE)


Hello, I'm back from my trip and everytime just super excited for trip and after get back, you will like MEH... lol Anyway, today just wanna update my AUNTIE's haul here. Maybe you are quite familiar to the item I bought from Taiwan if you are Malaysian/Singaporean reader, I were just stock up some of my daily items for this trip, maybe if you feel boring and nothing to read, you can just stop here.

WHAT MAKES ME BROUGHT SUCH OF THESE THINGS???? 


Okay, just blame to Japan, there are not so convenient to get some of these thing in Japan, so end up my haul always like so old style....hahaha I'm already an auntie, what to do? This is so important to me, even other of you will bought a lot of clothes, cosmetics, and maybe just fancy haul, than mine.
But I can tell is, Japan already satisfied me, so I don't think other country can make it better than Japan, (according self demand level), I'm not show off, just want to tell the truth when you living in Japan, once you get back to your hometown, the only thing you will bring back, will be... the local foods and snacks....etc.

So if you feel interested, just scroll down and read it. Thank you.



WHY YOU NEVER FILM YOUR HAUL ??

I think is pretty much this time, and I have long time never update my blog, just hope I can write it down and if some of you dislike to hear my voice haha... (I'm not really feel confident with my voice btw)

If you wish to watch my previous haul's video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rgQi2VO9XU


okay, let's started with my haul's post today.


1. TAIWAN LOCAL SNACKS

If you watch my previous haul's video, you will know how I love the mochi, it's actually got a new flavour this time which is the green pack with tropical fruits version. Feel so fresh and of course can't miss to try this.



Doing a lot of research for the jerky, I know its quite different with Malaysia's version, and I think Malaysia's jerky is quite oily. This is more good, and you can try all the flavour at the shop. The shop you can click here for more information. (Only for chinese website)

http://www.kuaiche.com.tw/v2/official




Also got this nougat from the shop. I'm a big fan of this, but I just tried a overseas brand and first try for Taiwan version. I'm not really sure its the same, so I just got for NT$200 (normally they sell for NT$400) , the staff is so kind, and ask me if just try small pack and next time I can buy big pack if I love it. I just tried it when I'm home, the taste is not too sweet, and quite chewy, not too hard to take a bite, 3 stars for this. Maybe just a try.




Here comes the super Q (bouncing) mochi, rice cake with different filling inside. I highly recommend this to all of you, I can't found anyone who hate this, because its too tasty. Hubby brought a packs during last trip and send to his colleuege (Japanese) and everyone just like it. I recommend you can find some familiar flavour for them because Japanese not really like the unique flavour sometimes.


RECOMMEND FLAVOR
RED PACK

It's taro, red bean and peanut flavour. I think this is the most best seller flavour.

GREEN PACK

It's banana, mango and sugar apple flavour.

I have tried the sugar apple and just feel so fresh to me, I'm not hate it, but normally filling not taste like what we expected. Not  yet trying out the banana flavour, because I felt like banana flavour always scary haha 

PURPLE PACK

It's the healthy flavour, (Yam, Oolong and sesame), which is call 養生 in Chinese.The filling is not too sweet for this pack, but depends on people, can't guarantee everyone will love this. Give it a try before buy. 

Suggest you guys never buy at those tourist place, but you can buy it at the local supermarket, it is cheaper. (You can almost save up about NT$30~NT$50 per pack), local supermarket is like NT$100 each pack.



2. LOCAL SEASONING / SOUP PACK


First thing to do is enjoy the local supermarket to get some nice seasoning and sauce.

I'm quite in love with this pork rib cubes, which is like super sweet if you making a soup base. I can't find in Malaysia maybe it is a non-halal cubes. I found this when my previous trip too. I were super regret I just bought 1 box and this trip I stock up 3 boxes. lol

Never fail to make any soup base, I'm not recommend you eating this often, its not really good but sometimes is fine. Try it, I think you will love too.


Some chinese soup pack (chinese herb), just try if this is nice I will get more on next trip.
But I found the herb inside is quite good condition, so I got it!


I'm a big fans for sour and spicy soup, I would like to try some on this trip but failed so end of buying this home. Hope this taste good. Well, instant soup never good I KNOW....
(WISH ME LUCK)


You will think I must be crazy because I bring back all the soy sauce there lol
I'm big fan of LEE KUM KEE, which is a Hong Kong maker, I bet you guys having the oyster sauce often for this brand, and Japan just selling normal oyster sauce , sometimes you will feel lucky if you found big bottle at some local supermarket. But price is expensive.

Left side will be the soy sauce, the reason I bring it back, Japan soy sauce is not my taste lol
I used to have Taiwan soy sauce in Japan (it can be get in Amazon JP) , but the taste is like so different, it is too salty and you can't feel any sweet inside. I was like super happy when I'm shopping in Taiwan supermarket, and too excited just grab 2 bottles of the soy sauce.

About the steam fish sauce, I was like wanted to try it thousand years agoooooo!!! Actually normal soy sauce will be, but if this is nice how can we not to try it?

Last will be the dried scallop oyster sauce, just because it is cheap and big size... so I bought!
The price in Japan for small bottle and I can really buy 2 big bottles in Taiwan.

*精打細算*


Also trying out some mushroom and black pepper sauce, in case we make steak sometimes.
Mushroom sauce chicken choppppp.... thank you!

Shallot sauce is for hubby, he just loves it.


3. Instant noodles



I'm a cup noodles lover. Yes, I love to explore some new flavour but not really...I can't really bring them all back haha too many. So I just go for my favorite noodles.



For this and the sesame oil chicken noodles, I also tried on my last trip but never bring back, just consider my suit case's space, so each 1 pack available.

When you bring more home = You will eat more lol

That's my self opinion.



I love seafood! Especially with XO sauce, actually this is my supper in Taiwan but I'm not feeling well, so I bring back with me.


If you love hot pot, this is also the nicest thing ever. The dried bean curd. I'm too crazy and till want to hand carry back this with me. Just wanna try it with hot pot / with soup noodle.




4. Dropping by the local seafood products store


Honestly I'm not major at choosing the best dried seafood product and we were at the DiHua street
located in Taipei, we wanted to find some sausage but end with buying some dried shrimp (you can't really get so much and reasonable price in Japan), and some familiar item here too that we never had so long time.


End up getting this at local supermarket, not bad can try, because we love to make the got pot chicken rice / lomaigai (the mochi rice with chicken inside,its like a dumpling)


Dried figs. This is for soup. If you ever try this yet?


Something like this.You can add to any herb soup and it will make your soup like super sweet.


Found this long lost chilli paste in the dining place. If you ever know what paste is this, its like the Hong Kong style cheong fun's chilli paste that you can eat in Malaysia. OMG, I didn't think too much I just ask for it, and pay..as you guys know, I can't live without chilli.


First try for this abalone can, which is you can make porridge, or stir fry with veggie.
If its good, it will be my shopping list again because its quite cheap (NT$450 each can)



5. Utensils that you can't really get in Japan


The stainless spoon and the dish clip that I wanted so long, just for cooking. Not expensive, and quality not bad too.



The funny dice that I found at the toys shop in TamShui. Its a housework dice that sometimes can use for luck. When the day you don't feel like want to do anything, just let the dice decide. When Danny saw this, his face is like...omg did I really bad luck till need to wash dishes everyday. Well, just be fair, so let it decide.


6. Face Mask, cosmetics 


My beauty diary face mask is quite popular in Taiwan, even you can buy this at Japan too.
The scent below is can't be find in Japan, I was just wanted to try out, since I'm in Taiwan. Actually the price is not cheap, but they just have promotion which is 10pcs for NT$150. Not big different with Japan, just the scent is not available yet in Japan.


I love their face mask because its not so sticky, and its very dry winter in Japan, so just suit the weather here.


7. Fashion Haul 


Finally is a fashion haul for this post, if my auntie haul makes you so boring, here is the bag I bought from Taiwan. I've been looking for the leather bag like this, this is so soft and the quality is quite good, heard from the staff its from Korea. (I should plan a Korea trip so I can really shop as much as I can) , well, just back to topic, the shoulder bag, normally I will buy black color but I think should be something different, and I chose this maroon color.

Very suitable for all kind of OOTD, let me see, the quality is good and the shop's staff also kind, price is like NT$1400 after discount, I know its not cheap, but depends on the quality, totally satisfied.


The shop I went is located at Dunhua street.

 [敦南門市] 
台北市大安區敦化南路一段187巷15號

星期一~星期四 14:00-22:00
星期五~星期日 13:30-22:30




8. Taiwan's souvenir 


The sun cake is must get item, and we brought this before we boarding so be sure luggage won't overweight. I found the shop selling original and honey flavour this time!


This is Hubby favourite, its a taro cake with mochi inside.He get the big box this time, and 9pcs inside.


Another sad story here, I tried to get the longan and red dates honey but end of didn't selling in Airport , they selling this cubes type recently , just 8 cubes per pack and price is like NT$239, I think its not really worth to get, super regret for didn't get the honey in Taipei, I'm a big fan for that.

(My last trip at JiuFen)


Another wish list for next trip...okay! Till then...

Btw, this is really good for girls, and especially winter time, you can make yourself at home, you just need dried longan, red dates and brown sugar/ honey. But I do like their bottle one, its quick and easy.

This can be found everywhere, for the cubes type. For the honey you just can find in Yongkang street souvenir shop or Jiufen old street. Try your luck and get it!


9. Other snacks 


Chocolate eggs for kicker, cheese cookies (first try), a very popular chips and my childhood candy pack. We found a lot childhood snacks at the supermarket, also found some Malaysia white coffee!!! That means next trip I can just buy all the thing in Taiwan.


HOW AWESOME. As a 100% Malaysian, we just think for food only!

Kicker opened his chocolate egg. He is very pro now!

How to get the capsule inside?? Of course bite!

Okay, Mama take my chocolate please.

During whole trip he keep looking for the eggs, and when he found it at the 7-eleven, he never leave and just stand there ask us to pay. But you can get him 1, he can happy for whole day!!


ALMOST THE END, I know this is quite long! Please keep reading.


10. iPhone cable/ Case 


Wondering why? Because we bought the original USB cable and it easily to broke, its super slow when charging your phone too. The second day we went night market and found a store selling, we just curious its this really work? Don't doubt, this is better than the original one.  It's only NT$150 (uncle will help you test before pass to you) So kind.

We also like so shocked because its so cheap and we never expect it is so good. Let's see how it gonna last, hopefully longer is better. 

After that we just get another one at Ximending which is cost like NT$280, well its also cheaper that we get in Japan ...seriously.... Japan is selling like 3000-4000JPY (for the same quality) , so which will you choosing??


Get totoro case too, since the staff give us a discount. Super thankful! Of course quality is better than TaoBao, and soft silicon case, I love buying in Taiwan, they got a lot Totoro design.


Totora won't looks too fake, sometimes if you buy from TaoBao, you will know what I mean. 



Thank you for reading such a long long post and I hope you enjoy it! Normally this is what we get from Taiwan, should be similar each year but not big difference. (The bad side that you staying in Japan)

Well, I do not want to talk about Japan, maybe you guys wondering how good my life here, even how fresh the sashimi or sushi here, you may miss your hometown food one day. So, we almost die here if without any local food here. 



This is the big reason I love Taiwan.




Upcoming POST on next week, Taiwan Vlog is get ready soon! 


Stay tune!






xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment